Thursday, June 23, 2011

"Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it."

Out of all the quotes I have used so far, this one is by far my favorite!

No mountain is worth climbing unless it is high enough to make it worth the effort. No love is worth having unless it is worth the struggle to keep it true.

There are so many things in life that require a calculated amount of risk. Its necessary in my eyes, in so many ways, to maintain that sense of accomplishment by acknowledging where we tumbled, because we rose so high.

I guess this is the way I want to blog after the events of the last few days. I feel refreshed, rejuvenated, and most of all, I'm still with my best friend in the whole world.


The unpredictability of life is what makes it so incredibly fulfilling. I never saw this moment, but now that its here, its time to milk it for all its worth- if you have the opportunity to start over again, do not do it half-heartily. Commit to the change, and welcome it with open arms.

I have no doubt in my mind that one day soon S and I will be engaged and committed to a life together. Though this moment of trials has ushered in some heartache and disappointment, it has made me even more committed to being the best version of myself as possible. Now is not the time to shrink away and hide from the world, but to reflect and take the bull by the horns. Disappointment is like a dull blade, though it will still do the job, the cut you risk might be worse than that of a sharp one.

Change is far too often associated with negative thought; change is neither good or bad, its innate nature is to be neutral- it is up to the receiver to see to it that the change in motion is the most positive possible, and to reap from it the best outcomes. I also feel change is inevitable, you can not guard against it, you can not hide from it, for it will come in regardless- so why not treat it like an old friend ?

I think this time will prove fruitful because I am being a lot more honest with myself about my relationships with people and the change I want to see. It does not fit to maintain the same way of doing things, if you are not getting what you need from doing so. The change I want to see in myself is the ability to listen better, to act more directly with people, and to be more open to the unpredictability of life. I think I was so caught up in having a plan, that I forgot that even attempting to plan is sort of being blind to the possibility of everything changing. 

I don't have statistics, but as social creatures, I think we spend a considerable part of our lives attempting to control our surroundings and bend them to our will. One of the major ideas I had while being in my relationship with S was that love and bonds require a certain surrender of your will in order to allow the space to have someone else in your life. I believe change is like that too, your relationship with change directly effects how you attempt to control things with your will, and how you cope with unexpected change.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be afraid of change; trying to control it will only result in disappointment tempering a lot of what you do, and deny you the potential of being in a better place than you are now. So dear readers, what major changes have you had in the last while? How did you cope with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment