Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Proposal Story

So I have been wanting to do a BBQ with our friends Steve and Lindsay for about a year- they bought me a portable BBQ for my bday I didn't get to use last summer! What I didn't know was that S had been planning on proposing to me with friends for this whole time! So when I proposed the BBQ about 2-3 weeks ago, he knew it was the perfect plan for his proposal- because it would be at the beach were we first met two years ago!
So, we got ready the night before for the BBQ- I had no idea what was going to happen! Not a clue. So we get there late and our friends are not there yet- I kept telling him to call them because I was worried they got lost in downtown Vancouver. The next thing I know we are sitting on a log near the water talking about our first date and the last few years- he kept asking me if I was sure I was ready to be with him forever- weird questions but I still had no idea he was going to propose. I thought we were just having one of our normal deep convos. Of course I kept trying to make jokes and he was trying to lead up to the proposal! Eventually we started talking about our families and how I couldn't imagine a day without him, or knowing him. I actually started crying to this idea because the convo was so touching, and the next thing I know he's on one knee proposing to me on the beach! We both cried and hugged each other. It was one of the most wonderful moments of my life.
My friends finally came (they werent lost, they were in on it!) And we celebrated with a BBQ and took pictures  then :)


9 comments:

  1. Bellanouva,

    Congratulations to you and your dearest! :)

    You've been waiting so patiently for this, how exciting life must be for you both! You both deserve it! Gorgeous ring, heartfelt proposal, and what an amazing couple you both make. I can see and feel the love through the computer screen...your dreams are weaving into a beautiful love story.

    Thrilled for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lauren Thank you so much for such an amazing comment and such kindness. Indeed Im so incredibly happy words cant do it justice. *hugs* thank you again
    @ Caizn thank you dear!!! means alot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats! Very beautiful ring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! What a beautiful moment for you both and WHOA what a gorgeous ring, it's breathtaking! Enjoy this wonderfully exciting time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! Such a romantic story and proposal!!! And such a sneaky fiancée too!!!! You two make a beautiful pair and what a gorgeous ring you have, my dear!!! (sorry, watched Red Riding Hood last night, lol but it IS a beautiful ring!)

    ReplyDelete