Saturday, December 24, 2011

“The dream was always running ahead of me. To catch up, to live for a moment in unison with it, that was the miracle.”

In so much of the planning S and I were doing, we forgot about the present, and enjoying the moments with each other most of all.

We did so much planning in fact that we forgot about the nearer future; of needing to live together, of planning to finally be together before the big day and then the rest of our lives. Upon coming back I feel like we have finally balanced planning for our future and being able to enjoy the circumstances of our present. I think its fair to say that we have grown closer, been better partners and just enjoyed ourselves a lot more because of it. But let me catch you up on the changes in our lives.

S has finally finished his associates degree, and as such is trying to find a full time job. At this time he is currently working for his dad at the music school, while spending some much needed time with me.

As for me, I have been saving up from my new job working downtown and it appears I have found a new career path in the caring field. I want to work with individuals to help them improve their lives. I want to help people, something which has eluded me in my past efforts in finding a career. I really feel like my current job is the most fulfilling thing I have ever had, and it means the world to me to do what I do everyday. I think I speak for S, who is happy to finally have some down time, and myself when I say we are where we are supposed to be.

As far as the wedding though, I'm sure you are excited to find out what in the world our plans are!

The Date: The official date is now July 19th 2013 (as you can see in the change for the counter). There's something incredibly frightening and liberating about setting a date, don't you think? Its amazing that something so small becomes so big in relation to the everyday in one's life. 

The Venue is chosen: We've gone full circle and chosen Waterfall Events as our hosting venue for our wedding and ceremony. With its architectural uniqueness and its amazing glass paneling, it is perfect for what we want.

The Food: Now I have been holding out on you, dear gentle readers, but I wanted to make sure that we had the exact company before we said anything. As such Savory Chef will be our caterer, and later  I shall make a post specifically about them and our menu- for you to dissect if you like. I can not tell you how happy I am with the service and food we have had from them. I will also detail the awesome tasting we had as well.

The Planning: I have finally found my senses, and as had S, and with the help of someone wonderful we have now settled on a wedding planner; my good friend, Bailey Grose, of Bailey's Brides. Bailey is one of those planners that really cares about a couple- she has excellent taste, is proactive, and from her website you can see she is making her mark on the industry. As such I am officially putting her and Savoury Chef on my preferred Vendors list as I can personally vouch for both of them as being two of the most professional vendors I have worked with in the midst of all our planning. As such expect a blog post featuring the lovely Bailey sometime soon, probably in the New Year.

There's still loads more to talk about, loads more to catch up on, so stay tuned! Besides, catch me up in the comments about your lives, or link me to your most recent blog posts! Also, check out the newly updated feature of the week when you get a chance!

Cheers,

Bella

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely shout out! I am so excited to be a part of your wedding! it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Im so glad to have you be part of it too! we have to colab on a write up sometime after I recovery from surgery. thank you for the lovely thoughts!

      Delete