Tuesday, June 14, 2011

“From small beginnings come great things.”

Hello there! And welcome to my new blog

So you may be wondering what this little blog will be about. Well, as time goes on our lives are filled with moments that prove monumental to who we are, and what we will do. As such, this blog will chronicle some of my greatest moments.

Now thats pretty much the point of any blog, isnt it? What will be different about mine? I promise to you, dear reader, that I will be as honest as possible with you about who I am, and what I do, and whats going on in my life. Im more than interested in what you have to say, what you think about my decisions and ultimately how you feel about what I say.


 I guess I should start by telling you a little about myself: Im someone who enjoys being sarcastic and silly whenever I humanly possibly can. That pretty much means every single second of every day. Now, to most this would push you to the brink of insanity (I think my friends and family have some sort of filter just for me). But thankfully I met someone this year who not only shares my idea of what life should be (that is, filled with laughs and good times), but is also able to deal with my particular flavor of nuts. I dunno if I should say Im lucky, or that this person is next to sainthood...probably a bit of both. He is my partner, and we met, oddly enough on a rather popular dating site (Im not going to say which! Guess for yourselves kiddies).
We hit it off pretty much right away, and the following months had us realizing that we may have found someone we could actually stand for a lifetime. I dont think anyone was nearly as surprised by this profound change of plans than us. Thus, this brings us to my first real monumental moment...the news of my upcoming engagement.

Now if you know me from before, you'll know Im a personality from a particular wedding site. As such, Im going to explain a notion which might be foreign to the untrained reader- the process of waiting.

If you are a waiting gal, you have either done all or one of the following....
- Talked to your SO about marriage and thus have a timeline on which you are waiting for said engagement
-Are trying to keep sane as you wait for one of the most happiest times of your life ( possibly sans timeline)
-Are at a point where you are ready to be married, but wonder if your partner is


I would be classified under the first-Now that you know what waiting is, Im going to stop you from calling me completely nutters (because I am somewhat, I will admit) for even wanting to talk about being engaged...when technically I am not. Its an amazing thing I have experienced as a woman moving towards marriage- it makes you reassess your relationships, and if you are lucky, manage to find like-fated women with whom you can share your trials. As such, I was searching one day and came across the waiting board on Weddingbee- probably one of the most interactive wedding communities alive on the web today. Its an amazing place, with great people, and over the last 7 months, it has made me realize that theres actually fun people on the internet still! (4chan had ruined my faith in humanity....).

So what do YOU get from reading my blog? Well, if you knew me a little before, you are about to learn ALOT about me in a very short period of time. If you don't know me at all, and don't really know why you should, well I promise you I will likely say something that will make you want to think, or at least speak your mind. I have a habit of speaking my mind, and I suspect that if you are reading blogs, that's exactly the type of meat you enjoy.

So what can you expect for the next while?

-Updates on my life and my day- the wonders of being out of school for the first time in 5 years, planning a wedding with only 40 people, and my daily family antics
-The awesomesauce that is my SO, and my other half- expect hilarity to ensue
- I might just say something insightful
- OH and yeah, talking about weddings, passings, happenings, and what not of people who I enjoy reading myself.

So dear reader, if you stick around, be prepared for an interesting and fun ride

6 comments:

  1. Ooohhh - your blog looks to be good fun :) Count me in for sticking around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be bookmarking this to read as you update :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to follow along throughout your planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww thanks Miss Godiva! You are sweet

    ReplyDelete